Norris Academy has the capacity to serve 63 children and adolescents who present with co-occurring Neurodevelopmental and Psychiatric diagnoses. Each residential wing is designed to provide specialized treatment interventions for our residents based on their developmental trajectory. Program units include:
- Polars: Advanced Learners, Boys from 6-17 years old
- Koalas: Advanced Learners, Boys from 6-17 years old
- Grizzlies: Early Learners, Boys from 6-17 years old
- Pandas: Early and Advanced Learners, Girls from 6-17 years old
- Pooh Bears: Intensive (1:1) Treatment Unit, Boys and Girls from 6-17 years old
- Kodiaks: Transitional Living Unit, Boys and Girls from 6-17 years old
While residents may occasionally shift between groups, most residents will continue with the same group through the duration of their treatment, which helps with continuity of care with preferred staff and a pervasive learning environment focused on that resident’s specific needs.